a) Appraisals. It is unethical to guarantee the outcomes of any appraisal, such as valuation. Appraisals are guaranteed to be completed using the professional methodologies taught in the valuation sciences, the employment of accepted professional grading standards (GIA), and professional judgments according the type of appraisal undertaken. If any appraisal cannot be completed, any fees will be returned to the you.
b) Personal Gemologist / Shopper / Advisor Services. If you are unhappy with the services provided, for any reason, or by mutual or unilateral decision, such services can be terminated and any unused portion of the 3- hour service will be refunded, excepting any return transportation to our office.
c) eBay / Online Gemologist Consultant. Once the 4-consult (or recurring subscription) package is purchased, it cannot be refunded. However, subscriptions can be terminated at any time prior to the monthly re-billing, with unused portions of any Consult package (though not refundable) can be rolled over to subsequent months. They can also be transferred or sold. Therefore, unused consults can also be rolled over, transferred, or sold.
d) Gem Identifications / Authentications & Appraisals. Liability with regard to gem identifications / authentications and appraisals include the following:
- accurate identifications of trade name; variety (where necessary) and [mineralogical] species/group. A final gem conclusion and summary is provided;
- all gem metrics to trade standards;
- lab tests performed and findings reported to you (at least 4 tests performed)
The detection of evidence indicating gem origin (i.e., man-made gems vs natural, earth-mined) is primarily based upon the presence or absence of diagnostic inclusion patterns and microscopic signs, as well as absorption spectrum, pleochroism, optic character, Chelsea and other filters, etc.
The detection of treatments / enhancements is based on similar and different visual and lab findings, such as fracture-filling spectrum. Both are professional judgment based upon metrics revealed in the lab and experience; such findings will be accompanied by qualification and limiting conditions, such as advisories for advanced lab testing at the GIA. The latter is, of course, optional and the decision of client.
2) Financial Advice. We do not, cannot, and will not provide financial advice, ever. That’s because financial advising is a regulated, licensed profession. We encourage you to partner with a financial advisor, and take responsibility for your own decisions.
a) We DO provide you with information about colored gemstones, diamonds, markets, and appraising as a graduate gemologist and certified Appraiser, but it is you and your financial team who are responsible for the decisions made with respect to that information.
3) Legal Advice. We do not, cannot, and will not provide legal advice. We are not attorneys and recommend that you seek the advice of a licensed attorney should you have legal questions.
4) Gemstones, Diamonds, Appraising. We provide professional opinions as a GIA credentialed Graduate Gemologist and a certified Master ValuerTM Gem and Jewelry Appraiser.
5) Legal. Every customer who purchases from the website agrees to the terms contained in the following documents -- links to them found in the Footer of the site, and/or checkout pages -- agreeing to all terms prior to any purchase. Should the customer thereafter disagree with the terms of said Agreement, this will not be grounds for a refund of any fees, consistent with this Guarantee and Refund policy:
c) Risk, Hold Harmless, Indemnification and Release, Waiver of Liability Agreement;
d) Pledge and Guarantee;
Updated : 11/15/17